- Great firepower for a small ship.
- Very fast.
- Great manoeuvrability.
- Inexpensive, the least expensive Imperial ship.
- Very poor firepower when the Torpedo Tubes are reloading.
- Very weak hull.
- Vulnerable if its sail is destroyed.
- Ineffective against ships with many point-defence Lancers.
- No point-defence.
Battle at Procyon StatisticsEdit
Point Cost: 19 VP
- Minimum Cost: 15 VP
Max Thrust: 18,000
Max Speed: 40 km/h
- True Speed Value: 11.111111
Manoeuvrability: Very Good
- Max Angular Acceleration: 7.463127
Crew Size: 5
- 1 Captain
- 1 First Mate
- 3 Gunners
Hull Strength: 350 HP
- Core Strength: 50 HP
Firepower: Good (3 Banks)
Use the ships Light Lancer to disable enemy sails while pounding your torpedoes into their engines. It is suggested that players replace the Light Lancer with a Laser Gatling Gun in order to better make use of this strategy, though doing so will make close combat difficult, as the Laser Gatling Gun does less damage to the hull of an opposing vessel, then it does to Solar Sails, additionally, it would force you to get closer to the enemy, where you are in greater danger to taking damage, which you absolutely must avoid as you have extremely low hull strength. An alternative is to install a Light LaserBall Cannon instead, as this weapon costs nothing, saving you 4 victory points. Due to the already low cost of the ship, this would result in approximately a 21% reduction in cost (which means roughly every 5 torpedo boats you buy, you can get 1 extra). Considering the main purpose of this ship is long ranged torpedo strikes, you will most likely not make use of using the secondary light weapon very often (not to mention the fact that the cannon has longer range anyway). Therefore, it could be argued, that the light cannon is the most cost efficient load out for this ship.
Open Skirmish NamesEdit
- RLS Wildcat
- RLS Lightning
- RLS Comet
- RLS Siren
- RLS Cricket
- RLS Drum
- RLS Gadfly
- RLS Grayback
- RLS Wasp
- RLS Stinger
- RLS Biter
- RLS Swallow
- RLS Intrepid (Basic and Advanced Tutorials)
- RLS Surefire (Advanced Tutorial)
- RLS Gloria (Advanced Tutorial)
- RLS Revolver (Advanced Tutorial)
- RLS Persistent (Advanced Tutorial)
- RLS Comet
- RLS Swift (Mission 1 and Iron War, and the game files of Bayle's Stand)
- RLS Sleekshot (Mission 4)
- RLS Siren (Mission 7)
- RLS Rascal (Mission 7)
- RLS Wasp (Iron War game files)
- RLS Hornet (Iron War game files)
- RLS Blade (Bayle's Stand game files)
- RLS Stinger (Class namesake)
- In Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon Mission 1 Hawkins states that this is a Stinger class Torpedo Boat.