The Procyons are a raccoonish race that originated on the frozen world of Laar. The Procyon Expanse and the Terran Empire have been at odds with each other since Proycon Tribal Leader Rygan ambushed Her Majesty's Colonisation Fleet at the Garn Archipelago. They are a very inventive, territorial, and predatory race with a long standing warrior tradition.
Procyons are on average smaller then humans (often standing at chest height), and are coated in a thick fur that provides warmth on their homeworld of Laar. Thus their clothing tends to be more for ornate or protective rather then for warmth. Despite their size, Procyons possess a 20% higher muscle-to-bone ratio than Humans putting their strength on par with one another.
Procyon fur ranges from various shades of brown and rust to jet-black and can include white-striping and greying streaks in older members. The size and intracies of the patches under the eyes reflects social rank, and the noblest of Procyon families have the largest patches. Because of this, Procyons who have managed to rise through the military and social ranks will wear ornamental eye masks in order to enhance their appearance among their peers.
Procyons usually only have one name, which is usually a two syllable name, such as: Evar, Boas, Rygan, Gunnar etc. Some Procyons use titles such as 'Lord' or 'Duke', which would be followed by their name.
- Evar (Procyon Admiral and Ambassador)
- Rygan (Procyon Leader during the First Terran-Procyon War)
- Duke Fenras (Procyon Duke)
- Procyons are voiced by Patrick Pinney.
- The Procyons speak with a Russo-German Accent.
- The name Procyon is of Greek origin and means 'before the dog'.
- Procyon is the name of the genus to which raccoons belong.
- In Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon, Procyon is mispronounced as 'prɒsɪən' (O as in 'not'). The correct pronunciation of Procyon is 'prəʊsɪən' (O as in 'no'), which is used by Captain Amelia in the film.
- Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon Mission Five Journal Entry
Aquanog · Arcturian · Bugardian · Canid · Cragorian · Densadron · Felinid · Geeorie · Human · Kamelian · Macriki · Mantavor · Mustelian · Optoc · Panzian · Procyon · Robot · Struthian · Tuskrus · Ursid · Zirrelian