Pirates are the destructive scourge of the Etherium. Their ships are mostly stolen, and converted, hulls that were once civilian, Navy, or even Procyon ships. Pirates are the masters of reconstruction, and often it is hard to recognise the original ship once they are done reinforcing the hull, adding more weapons, and tuning up the Engines. Piracy is all about loot, and profit, not territory. As such, Pirates are less interested in destroying enemy ships as they are in boarding, killing them, and capturing them.
A Pirate Clan is something like a fraternity, trade union, and cartel. They are loose associations formed around the persona of a particularly successful pirate. These clans often specialise in some form of illegal act. Acts that include smuggling, piracy, or slaving. A few clans however tend to be on the fringe of criminality specialising in bounty hunting or privateering. These clans give pirates, who may other wise be unable to find safe port, a forum for trade in addition to places of refuge. These places are often free ports who fall outside the authoritative jurisdiction of larger political bodies.
Fleet builds used by Pirate ClansEdit
- Wolf Pack: Wolf Packs are fleets of three to five Fast Attack Boats designed to wreak havoc on light to mid-sized shipping.
Weapons used by PiratesEdit
|Fast Attack Boat|
*Unusable without modifications.
Known Pirate BasesEdit
- Unnamed Pirate Base (Mission 2)
- Unnamed Pirate Base (Mission 5)
- Unnamed Pirate Base (Mission 11)
- Camp Strongbox (Convoy Raid)
- Camp Strongbox (Mousetrap)
- Camp Latchkey
- Camp Trove (gamestrings only)
- Camp Cellar (gamestrings only)