Another design unique to the Pirates, the Carrack is impressively armed ship with good speed delivered by a forward engine section in the bow. The Carrack is almost the equal to the Naval Frigate, and makes up for a slight lack in durability with increased speed. Carracks are designed to pursue, and capture all but the largest ships.
The Carrack is quite a powerful ship, competing in the same class as the Frigates. Despite being a pirate ship, it actually has less crew and it also has less firepower than its competitors, such as the Navy Frigate. It has less total HP than the Navy Frigate too, but it makes up for it by being made of reinforced wood. Overall, it is not quite as cost efficient as the other pirate ships.
- Made out of Reinforced Wood, making it very durable.
- Huge thrust power.
- Fairly fast and manoeuvrable.
- Small crew for a pirate ship.
- Not as much firepower as its competitors (Imperial and Procyon Frigates).
Battle at Procyon StatisticsEdit
Point Cost: 120 VP
- Minimum Cost: 72 VP
Max Thrust: 60,000
Max Speed: 22 km/h
- True Speed Value: 6.111111
- Max Angular Acceleration: 1.760689
Crew Size: 20 (incorrectly says 22 in game)
- 1 Captain
- 1 First Mate
- 1 Spotter
- 1 Helmsman
- 1 Engineer
- 4 Riggers
- 5 Fighters
- 6 Gunners
Hull Strength: 2,810 HP
- Core Strength: 250 HP
Firepower: Very Good (6 Banks)
The Carrack is a pretty straight forward ship. It isn't the best for boarding due to its comparatively low crew count, and it isn't as good at broadsides as the Imperial Frigate. It is still a fairly good ship for general combat, as it is quite tough due to being made from reinforced wood. The most interesting part of this ship is that it has the highest engine thrust out of all the pirate ships, making it good as an improvised Tug.
All of its threatening firepower is on the broadside, so avoid facing its broadside if you wish to avoid it. Don't approach it too closely from behind either, as it will shred your sails with its two Gatling Guns.
Open Skirmish NamesEdit
- The Ace Of Spades
- Calshot Spit
- Royal Dolphin
- De Grasse
- Gambler's Luck
- Highland Chief
- Night Rambler
- Hurly Burly
- Plunder (Mission 10)
- The Unforgiven (Mission 11)
- The Jolly Robert (Mission 12)
- Black Edward (Mission 12)
- The Claw (The Ambush, called The Lucky Mare in the game files)
- The Saucy Mare (Storm Front, called The Saucy Lamb in the game files)
- Flying King (Locusts, called Frakes' Fortune in the game files)
- Highland Chief (The Maw, called Mary in the game files)
- The Carrack is one of the three ships with a hull made primarily out of Reinforced Wood, with the other two being the Pirate Weapon Barge and the Pirate Barque.